Friday 8 June 2018

Painted Shop Windows: Halloween

Halloween is the busiest time of year for any fancy dress store.
Which meant it was time for a frightful window.
In stepped me with my box of paint and brushes.
2014
The tomb stones and wall (on the right) was a mix of black and white paint and applied with a sponge to create a rough stone finish.
The sky was a mix of blue, black and white. painted over the lightning. this section on the top right is my favourite bit.

Apart from the Lightning which turned out looking good. The Bottom centre holds the cutest bit of the window painting, the black cat with a pumping.
Unfortunately the red and yellow paints that I had didn't mix that well to make a pumping orange colour, but still it tuned out well.

On the smaller window we had the social media addresses and icons. which needed a little Halloween-i-fing.
In stepped jack skellington. In each corner I added spiders web to frame the window and drips of blood from the addresses. Being careful to leave a tiny gap between the blood and the writing to mack it a little easier to remover the blood drips

After Halloween I removed the blood and added spots of snow and small piles of snow on the webs and on Jacks head

Halloween 2016
With a display unit in the window this year had to de a little less them in 2014 (and of cause Petter rotten tail, aka Scary bunny had to stay in the window).
So I went for more of a child's book / comic book look.


The sketches.

A work in progress from the inside.
Final piece from the In side

I will posting two more posts with other windows that painted. and a post on the products that I used.
Till then happy creating.

For my other Painted Shop Windows see Here: 
If you want to read or see my Visual Merchandising Blog  its here:

No comments:

Post a Comment