Saturday 12 September 2015

My Theory Of The Crows Sketchbook.

At the beginning of the week I went to I went to the Natural History Museum, (London) Among the the photos that I took with my digital camera, (and on my 35mm film Olympus camera) I took four photos of the heads of crows in their Birds section (with in the Green Zone). A lot of this beautiful cabinets which are as old as the building were empty, as they were working on cleaning the displays. A little disappointed as the signs did not read:

“ We have flown south for our holidays”. 

It has to be about two years since I was last in there, and the Green Zone Which follows the planet's evolution, uncover the relationships between life forms and their environments. with exhibitions of rocks and minerals, creepy crawies birds, fossils, and mammals, which I could not help but notice how dusty the displays had become, which was a shame as it covered the colours of the animals. Making them look rather sorry and sad. But they are something you can't just clean with a Dyson hover. So looking at the freshly cleaned display with Lion, Leaped, and polar bead they looked like freshly brushed stuffed toys. I can not wait to go back and see the bird section once it is completed. All that currently remains during the cleaning are half a dozen small displays, On of which contains the crows heads, and wings and claws of other birds, an owl, the Humming birding case and some other small items.

The Humming Birds

It was not until I got home after I had put the photos on to my computer and when I was looking at posting one on Instagram that the idea came to mind to use one of the crows as my new avatar on Facebook, Tumblr and any where else I did it. Which I am kind of liking. It is plan and simple, I my play around with it a little more but for now it is the one at the top of this post.

The Crows








No comments:

Post a Comment