Thursday 25 December 2014

Artists Notes

Yes its Christmas day and I am siting posting on my blog, but it is 8pm in the evening I've eaten I've done presents and now its bad TV time, may be even trashy horror films.

My most resent perchance has been the Black Frame Black and White 600 film from Impossible Project. I think this is my 6th pack of film since I found my 1980s Polaroid camera. 

I'm loving this little project that I have been working on, the results achieved are good. Best results I have Have found so far are the black and white films, you can get such a crisp image. 
Each image is a stroke of luck. contrast, sharpness, tones of colours.
The only little problem I have found is that on occasion the camera does not aways work, I'll end up having to pull out the cartridge and put it back in  which results in me losing a photo. 
Unfortunately this new pack I have only got 3 photos out of the 8, which is disheartening
I spent a little time loping on you tube to see if there was any videos on how to resolve the problem. In stead i found this video, which I hope will help me resolve the issue of the loss of a photo when the camera miss fires, or in this case won't.

By keeping the black card that gets pushed out when putting the film cartridge in, I can put the card back in and hope fully I won't lose a photo.
Looking forward to getting another pack of film, hopefully I won't need to try this trick, but if I do hopefully it will work. If it works I'll post a video on how to do it, its got to be better then trying to take apart the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment