Sunday 12 October 2014

The Mummy Returns

These posters are from my A'Level Graphics exam work. Well the AS level. Back in 2002
If I remember right the Brief was to design a poster for a film set in an Ancient tropical location.
The Mummy Returns came out in 2001, being set in 1933 in Egypt, and with the hunt for the scorpion king in a pyramid in the centre of a jungle.
The Poster above is based on the concept that it is printed on papyrus. a section at the top torn away with the face of the Mummy (Imhotep) showing. The image here was created with the help of my baby brother, with him being the victim of me bandaging his head so that I could get some images to use.
Hieriglyphs at top and bottom and the Pyramids of Giza in the centre.
Looking back at it now i should have put the style of image that is in the second design below, with a pyramid in the middle of a jungle. 
May be at some point I will do a high-bread design of the two designs.
After 13 years i'm sure that i can come up with a better design.
It will give me something to do dying the winter. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment