Monday 28 September 2015

Fashionary Traveler's Notebook Sketchbook.

Fashionary is a company that produce design sketchbooks for fashion/costume designers and students. As well as planners and notebooks that come with different cover colours and designs their range is simple, and stylish.
Each of the male and female figure sketchbooks has 32 pages of fashion dictionary and 130 pages of 400 barely visible figure templates, allowing you to use as many or little as you want.
I am not a fashion design, I did do costume design at school, and I wish I had had these then.
The paper in them are lovely to draw, write and paint on. They expensive yet worth the money.

In side the A5 sketchbook, some of the 'fashion dictionary' pages
For nearly a year I have been using a Traveler's Notebook for work, drawing and for my blogs and writing. I find them a grate size to carry around. On shopping trip to the London Graphic's Centre, I found their small section of the Fashionary books. On  of the items they had in stock was the Fashionary Panel for men and women.
These packs are the perfect size to fit in side of my traveler's notebook. Each panel is perforated so that you can detach each of the 72 figure templates, (there are 72 front/ back template and on the revers of each a side template).
My first idea was to carry some of these in my notebook and use as and when I wanted. Then I had a brain wave. Using two of each of the panels, I went round the faint out line of the figure so that I have back/front and side of both the women and man figure templates, and laminating them to make them a little more durable. Making it possible to put them under a page in my sketchbook and create my design, in my own sketchbook

All I need to do is to buy or make a craft folder so that they can be kept safely in my black Midori traveler's notebook, along with some blank panels. (The sketch above was done quick just to give you an idea. Not my best. Hope to be shearing better one's with you.)
I am currently using a plain notebook from paperchase, as the paper is thin enough to see the figure but thick enough to take pen, you could also use the Midori branded notebooks number 3, plain paper or number 13, the light weight paper. (check out the Journal Shop to see the books)

I also picked up their Neon lights set of three sketchbooks, these have 4 pages of information and 36pages female templates. the pocket size book measures 9cm by 16cm, a perfect fit for one of the ZLYC traveler's notebooks. Which I am very tempted to buy one.
Neon Lights set of 3 sketchbooks next to the A5 fashionary Sketchbook.
Both of the above journals are from ZLYC on Amazon.co.uk. The one on the right is their:
and the one on the left is:
Vintage handmade refillable leather traveler's blank pages journal diary Notepad. Notebook with Strap in dark brown. 
I can not decide weather to get on and if so which one...

No comments:

Post a Comment